Saturday 18 October 2014

SGR123


During weekends, or whenever I am free and in a good mood; accompanied by family and/or friends; I would go to the children's park in Guindy at 4PM; buy a pack of popcorn; sit in the bench and watch the elephant for at least an hour. It is absolute pleasure watching the elephant; a combined personification of beauty and divinity.
Then off to Besant Nagar; to the Ashtalakshmi temple and then to the Church; light the candle at 6PM sharp. The welcoming beaches; cool breeze, chill water, Bajjis, bondas and fresh drinking water; fun! The tummy full food at the dhabha opposite the beach at 8PM; then heading straight home; half asleep.
Last week I visited the temple and the church with a friend of mine. By the time I reached the church, the pastor/priest was giving away the bread crumb - "the body of Christ". People were in a queue accepting it. I too stood in the queue. Earlier I had visited the Ashtalakshmi temple and my forehead as usual had a mark of the tilak! When my turn came; the priest looked at me; said, "Body of Christ"; I said, "Amen"; he was perplexed!
He again repeated "Body of Christ"; I said again, "Amen"; only to the effect that his confusion increased. Both of us were standing face to face for a couple of seconds. It was when, a person behind me in the queue said, "Sir, You should not accept this." I politely said, "OK" and moved off with a smile.
This precisely is the crux of the problem. I am a human being just like the priest himself. Having spoken to my friend, Vishnu; If I am gonna call for Christ with faith and love; will Christ not respond to me? Will HE say "NO" to me?
Religious centers must radiate humanity. They should not separate people. GOD in any form is equally claimed by everyone. No need for religious conversion at any point of time.
If Jesus Christ is the GOD only for Christians; then Jesus Christ is not divine.
If Allah is the GOD only for Muslims, then Allah is not divine.
If Vishnu is the GOD only for Hindus, then Vishnu is not divine.
GOD must be claimed by anyone, everyone without any barriers. The religious traditions may be different. Never mind. Even traditional Hindus, Muslims and Christians are not completely aware of the customs and traditions of the religion that they claim to own!?!!
Religious centers must radiate love, compassion and forbearance. We are all children of the same GOD. I, like a small, innocent kid can pick HIM up in as many forms and names as I like; and every time I pick up a form, I choose the same GOD.
If I am a Hindu, My Vishnu will not be angry with me because I accepted the body and blood of Christ and/or the sweets from Allah.
If I am a Christian, My Jesus will not be angry with me because I accepted the sweets from Vishnu and/or Allah.
If I am a Muslim, My Allah will not be angry with me because I accepted GOD with a form - be it Jesus or Vishnu.
GOD is ONE; GOD is in EVERYONE!
GOOD is GOD; GOD is in GOOD!!
GOD transcends GOOD!!!
https://sabariganesh23.sarahah.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment